Nettle Herb is rich in iron and can help combat hair loss while promote hair growth. Drinking nettle tea may also help battle hair loss, as iron can help with circulation to the scalp, in turn encouraging hair growth. Nettles will also help with an imbalance of sebum (the oil that your pores produce) which can make a difference if you suffer from dandruff or dry scalp.
Nettle Hair Tonic Recipe
Active Time: 45 minutes
- 1 Hand full of Nettle dry herb or 5 tablespoons
- 2 cups water (distilled, purified, or spring water works best)
- 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Combine herbs with cold water in pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow herbs to simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep 30 minutes.
- Strain herbs using a funnel overlaid with doubled cheesecloth or strainer and squeeze out liquid (careful, liquid will likely still be hot!). Discard used herbs in compost.
- Once liquid has cooled to just above room temperature, add essential oil.
- Stir until well combined.
- Bottle in sterilized container.
- To use, pour over your hair in the shower and massage or comb in, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse