Our Fertility Tea is a natural and delicious herbal fertility tea designed to increase your chances of getting pregnant. We recommend drinking at 2 - 3 cups per day.
MORE ABOUT THE POWERFUL, NOURISHING HERBS IN FERTILITY TEA
- Vitex agnus castus, commonly known as Chasteberry, is the herb many women reach for at the first sign of gynecological troubles. Vitex has been used medicinally for several centuries to relieve the symptoms of PMS, to restore regularity to the menstrual cycle, and to balance the hormones that impact reproductive health and fertility. Vitex is believed to work by acting on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, both of which secrete hormones or send signals to other parts of the body to trigger the production of reproductive hormones. Vitex has been shown to help increase the level of luteinizing hormone (LH) while gently suppressing the secretion of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). Vitex is also believed to maintain healthy progesterone levels, which is especially important following ovulation - or during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. Vitex's impact on progesterone may help lengthen the luteal phase for women who experience a luteal phase that is too short. A short luteal phase, referred to as luteal phase defect, can be a reason women have difficulty conceiving and/or maintaining a pregnancy.
- Raspberry Leaf, championed as the "Women's Herb" since the late 1500s, is recommended for all things female, from period cramps to morning sickness during pregnancy. It is highly regarded for its ability to tone the uterus and the muscles of the pelvic region, which is helpful in preparation for pregnancy and childbirth. Red Raspberry Leaf's ability to act as a uterine tonic is attributed to its astringent (meaning, to cause contraction) activity, as well as the presence of the alkaloid fragarine in the plant, an active compound that helps to both relax tense muscles and to tighten muscles that are too lax. The tannins in Red Raspberry Leaf give it a taste similar to black tea (minus the caffeine!), and, along with flavonoids in the plant, provide antioxidant support. Also, Red Raspberry Leaf is naturally high in several vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins A, C, E, the family of B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, and iron, which are all nutrients that you need on board to support a healthy pregnancy.
- Lady's Mantle gained a mystical reputation among early herbalists when it came to be believed that the morning dew that formed droplets of water on the leaves of the plant had the power to turn regular metals into gold. In more modern times, it has become known as the "Happy Uterus" herb, and it is often recommended as a “tonic” for the female reproductive system that can be used to relieve menstrual pain, cramping and heavy bleeding, and to tone and strengthen the uterus.
- Nettle Leaf, also called Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) is a natural diuretic and detoxifying herb that helps your body rid itself quickly of toxins. It has both astringent and anti-inflammatory activity, and is therefore recommended for relief of PMS symptoms and menstrual pain, and provides a toning effect on the uterus. It contains several nutrients that are critical to good reproductive health, including Vitamins A, C, D, K, potassium, iron, and polyphenols.
- Dong Quai, have the ability to lower high estrogen levels and raise low estrogen levels – meeting the needs of the body versus causing an estrogen imbalance. Many women suffering with endometriosis, PCOS, ovarian cysts and fibroids have found relief from their fertility problems by using Dong Quai thanks to its ability to clear congestion by increasing healthy blood flow to the entire pelvic region.